Published: 29 Sep 2023
A Comprehensive Guide To AEC Large-Format Printers
AEC large-format printers are designed to deliver high-quality prints and can also help you scan documents. Read on to explore how these printers can help you!
AEC Large-Format Printer: A Comprehensive Guide On Features & Benefits
If you’re looking for a production printer specializing in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) scene, we’ve got your back. Let’s dive into the perks, standout features, and suitability of construction printers. If you’re looking for the best printers for engineering blueprints, architect drawings, and so on, you can’t go wrong with architectural printers.
AEC large-format printers are tailored specifically for the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industries. They can create stunning, top-notch prints on bigger paper sizes. And they come with extras like scanning features. This makes architectural large-format printers the perfect versatile solution for your needs. Let’s dive straight into it!
What Printer Is Commonly Used For Architectural Blueprints?
Architectural 3D printers are used to make large-format prints of architectural blueprints for civil engineers, architects, civil engineers, and so on. Engineering drawing printing has to be very accurate as the job of architects and engineers depends on accuracy and attention to fine details.
Architectural drawing printers can also help you fine-print 3D renderings, construction site blueprints, and concept presentations. The possibilities for architectural 3D printers extend to large-scale maps, GIS drawings, and other professional-grade and intricate prints.
These architectural 3D printers also help with reprographics and document management. They can help you with scanning, reproducing existing plans, and maintaining a documentation record. Couple all of this with diverse printing features, and you have the perfect solution to all your project needs within the dynamic AEC industry.
Hopefully, by now, you know “what printer is commonly used for architectural blueprints?”
Architectural Large-Format Printers – Here Are The Key Benefits
If you take the first step and get a large AEC construction plotter, you’ll see firsthand how it can make a whole lot of difference for you. Here are the key benefits of using printers for architectural drawings:
- High Print Quality: AEC printers give you detailed and precise prints that capture every intricate design and technical detail. Accuracy is ensured throughout.
- Large Paper Sizes: Printers can work with oversized paper, like 24×36 inches or even bigger, for printing extensive architectural plans and engineering diagrams.
- Speed and Efficiency: Printers are designed for high-volume printing. These printers swiftly generate multiple document copies, thus boosting your overall productivity.
- Durability: The resulting prints from AEC printers often resist fading, smudging, and water damage. This can help you preserve vital documents in construction settings where such damage is possible.
- Versatile Media Handling: Printers can handle a diverse range of media types. You can print on varying paper weights, transparency films, canvas, or vinyl.
- Energy Efficiency: AEC printers also offer energy-saving perks like sleep modes and automatic power-off. In essence, they cut operational costs in an ever-busy industry.
Type Of Printer For Architectural Drawings
You can get architect printers for commercial DWG prints in two variants – AEC plotters and AEC MFP units. Here’s how the two differ:
This first kind of architectural plan printer has a capacity for larger inks and can stack your prints nicely; plus, the printing speed is quite impressive. These architect printers can also handle larger rolls of paper and come with a spacious hard drive and an easy-to-use user interface.
Some of the most notable examples include:
- HP Designjet T730
- HP Designjet T1600/ T1600dr
- Canon TM-300/305
- Canon TX-3100/ TX-4100
- Canon TZ-30000
AEC MFP Units
The multifunction variants of architect printers can help you with printing, scanning, and copying – all in one machine. They also bring greater efficiency with their fast and precise scanning and printing capabilities. And, of course, the print quality with these architectural printers is immaculate.
You can’t go wrong with these:
- HP Designjet T830 24″ & 36″
- HP Designjet T2600/ T2600dr
- HP Designjet XL3600dr
- Canon TM-300/305 MFP Z36
- Canon TX-3100 Z36/ TX-4100 Z36
- Canon TZ-30000 MFP
Bottom Line: Choosing The Best AEC Large-Format Printer
DWG printers are not the same as laser print solutions for the education sector. These wide print models are designed specifically to target the construction industry (but find applications elsewhere too). You might wonder, “What is the best 3D printer for architectural models for me?” To answer this, you need to know more than just the type of printer for architectural drawings.
When picking AEC large-format printers, first identify the scope of your printing requirements. Next come the budget considerations – what good is a printer to you if you can’t afford it? You must also consider the physical dimensions of your workspace to see if the selected model will even fit in the space you have for it. And if you’re a newbie, you’ll want a printer that offers simplicity and ease of use.
Don’t worry; you’re not alone in picking a new AEC large-format printer!
Metro Repro will help determine the right AEC printer with the following questions:
- How much printing will you be doing on a weekly basis? The inexpensive printers typically use very small inks, so your operational cost adds up quickly replacing the inks.
- Are you printing sets? Print stackers are almost necessary, with sets over five pages.
- Will you need to scan in drawings with redlines or markups?
- Will you need multiple rolls for printing different sizes without changing paper?
- Will you want to lease or purchase?
Metro Repro will help you pick from a variety of AEC large-format printers based on your unique needs. Let us know your project’s specifics, and leave the rest to us!